Stabbing guides are designed to prevent damage during make up and are manufactured from high-grade steel and durable urethane material, then molded to a profile designed to act as a funnel guide. Models are available for tubing, casing and drill pipe, and in your choice of heavy-duty, standard-duty, or mag-latch configurations.
Generally, stabbing guides are used during making up a string of pipe aligning pin to box threads and preventing face damage and connection failure. A stabbing guide tool is used to facilitate the makeup of pipe connections comprising of a diametrally split, hinged and rigid plastics-material infundibulum of high lubricity toughness, and strength adapted to receive and guide a pin connector and having a locating socket adapted to engage a box connector. The tool is spring loaded to closed position by a torsion spring and provided with a pair of hand grip levers to facilitate opening, placement, and removal.
- The stabbing guide is adaptable to the outside diameter of the new or worn coupling, through adjusting the length of latch screw.
- The stabbing guide has a relatively large guiding conical surface.
- The screw thread and coupling are not damaged with composite material used.
- The operation of latch lock is flexible and convenient.
- Nitrile rubber material or Nylon material is better material for long life operation.
|Model||Applicable Diameter of Tubulars (in)||Model||Applicable Diameter of Tubulars (in)|
|SG2-3/8T||2-3/8 Tubing||SG 7-5/8 C||7-5/8 Casing|
|SG2-7/8T||2-7/8 Tubing||SG8-5/8C||8-5/8 Casing|
|SG3-1/2T||3-1/2 Tubing||SG9-5/8C||9-5/8 Casing|
|SG4T||4 Tubing||SG10-3/4C||10-3/4 Casing|
|SG4-1/2T||4-1/2 Tubing||SG11-3/4C||11-3/4 Casing|
|SG4-1/2C||4-1/2 Casing||SG13-3/8C||13-3/8 Casing|
|SG5C||5 Casing||SG13-5/8C||13-5/8 Casing|
|SG5-1/2C||5-1/2 Casing||SG14C||14 Casing|
|SG6C||6 Casing||SG16C||16 Casing|
|SG6-5/8C||6-5/8 Casing||SG18-5/8C||18-5/8 Casing|
|SG7C||7 Casing||SG20C||20 Casing|